Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Floater

Its been a couple weeks since I wrote my last blog....Alot of stuff has happened in that small amount of time...First off, I bought my very own copy of Avid Media Composer, ever since I was a sophomore in high school I had either used windows movie maker or a bootleg version of Avid....its such an expensive program if you're not in school....fortunately my room mate is still a student and agreed to buy it for me!...It costs 300 dollars, but because of recent events I'd say its 300 dollars well spent....if there are any potential film makers reading this blog....do yourself a favor and just buy the damn program, itll hurt your pocket for sure, but it'll save you countless head and heartaches.

So to cut the the chase.....Avid works but it doesn't recognize any of my fucking work!....excuse my language, but there is a time and a place to drop the F bomb...and this is most defiantly that time...5 months of work down the toilet...like a big turd.....I honestly can't articulate how it feels to open Avid and see nothing in my project bin............................................................................................................................................................
One is faced with the question of whether or not its worth it to start again......I feel like life is just telling  me to give up.....but, one of the things Ive learned from Russel is that a person has the ability to fail over and over again...and somehow find the courage to fail again....to put everything into something and fail, is better than throwing in the towel before you even enter the ring......I remember watching this interview awhile back, and at the time it was completely two dimensional....but its has new meaning to me, I'm making a documentary about a guy who failed at so many business adventures...but never gave up...so why should I when faced with such adversity.

So I suppose that instead of just taking this as a sign and move on to the next project, I'll start over...and over...and over until its done.

- Elliott

Update 12/04/10

My turd turned out to be a floater.

So I started to re - import all 60 hrs of footage into avid last night while playing mutant league football, which by the way is the greatest football game ever be designed, programmed, and released.  Well anyway I decided to search the Internet to see if I could find some advice on how I could save my work....nothing....then I pulled out my old POS computer from the closet to see if there was something I missed....to keep it short...I found the real Project Bin hidden deep in my documents folder....and once I opened my avid there it was....my Just Like Easter Island project.....it was glorious.....my turd of a film surfed the wave around the inside of a toilet bowl....and just as I thought it was lost forever...it REAPPEARED....turns out former "Just like Easter Island"....now renamed "Seen from Space" was a two flusher!

I just finished watching the whole film and transcribed what happens in each scene....I found alot of room for improvement...and when I go home this weekend I plan on filming once again....thats it for now.

- Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment