Friday, November 19, 2010

Zombie Computer!

I don't know why it was a surprise to me, my entire life I have fought a losing war with technology...except in real war the object is to kill your enemy, and in this war my objective is to keep my enemy alive...unfortunately I have failed, my computer is dead!....again.


This wouldn't be such a problem except for the fact that I was in the process of editing my first feature film on the damn thing.  Like I said before, I don't know why its so surprising...this is the second time this has happened on this project...except last time I only lost a 20 minute cut...last time I saved my project I had a collective two hour cut of the film...60 hours cut down to a slim 2....I guess this is what I get though, I should of gotten a new computer long again...instead I chose to resurrect it time and time again...here is warning to all...never edit on a zombie computer...once its dead...ITS DEAD!..don't think that just because its working alright for awhile that it'll always be like that....it'll wait till you let your guard down, and jump up and bite you in the leg...turning you into a zombie also....a really pissed off zombie.

I bought a new 2tb hard drive, and I have a new laptop on the way....but its terrifying to think that 5 months of work has been flushed down the toilet...I really have no idea what will happen when I try to install avid on my new computer...I've been told that it'll be alright..I'm hoping that all my files are safe on my external hard drive, and if not the only thing I can do is start new.

F*cking computers. 

-Elliott 

Donald Duck Fish




No comments:

Post a Comment